Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Years......really....

Two years ago today my darling Izzy came to this wonderful world and became an amazing addition to our family. Going back on my blog i realized i never told her story so two years later i am going to tell everyone about it...

Izzy's due date was actually on my birthday April 2nd, i go in for my last checkup or so i thought. The doctor checked me and checked to make sure her head was still down like it was the week before, well stubborn little thing had turned herself into a breach position, the doctor thought since she had turned herself she could reverse it herself, so for that whole week i walked like crazy used every little trick i had been told about to get her to turn and she still didn't move, so the options were to get a c-section or to get the doctor to try and turn her himself...they did some tests and found out because of the position of my placenta they could move her themselves so the only option became a C-section and it was scheduled for the 15th....tax day.....

I was checked into the hospital at 6:00 am and given an IV and at 7:00 I was wheeled into the OR. Adam was able to come in with me and at 7:58 am Izzy was born, we didn't know what we were having  so when Adam told me it was a girl i got all emotional and teary eyed, the first time i looked at her all i could see was Adam, she looked like a little mini clone, (she still does). I had to wait 3 hrs to hold her because she went into the nursery and ADam went with her and i went into the recovery room for a little while...and that is the story...

I am so amazed at how quickly these last 2 years have flown by, Izzy is so much fun and i really enjoy her personality and how she is always dancing or laughing or squealing...She has suddenly transformed into this little girl, she is no longer a baby and it makes me miss her little newborn self....

Here are some of my favorite picures of her within the past 2 years...



Happy Birthday my Darling Izzy I am so happy you are my daughter and that you bring so much joy into my life everyday, even if you are getting a sassy attitude lately...:)

2 comments:

Brandy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her cring with curlers in her hair!! I remember many a days when I felt like that after my mom put curlers in my hair!! hahaha!! what a doll. Happy Birthday Izzy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your little one is two!! I know I'm a little late at the wishing her a happy birthday!! Its crazy how fast time fly's!!! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!!